– Omar Ramirez – marketing – strategy – art direction – motion graphics – ui/ux – project management –
– View Samples of My Work –
Check out some samples of my work and creative projects here below, and in my blog section.
– JUMP TO A SECTION –
– Video & Motion graphics Reel –
– Clients & Capabilities –
Clients I’ve Served Include:
I offer years of professional training and experience in both multimedia design and business, through a BA in Design/Media Arts from UCLA, an MBA from UC Irvine, and work on countless projects for demanding clients, including all those listed above and more. I’m ready to take on a broad range of creative and analytical challenges. Read on below to find more details about me and my work experience.
And Here Are
Just Some of
Tools & Technology
Through my years of experience I have gained a deep level of knowledge in the industry leading tools of design for digital and print media, video and motion graphics production, UI/UX, and marketing. I have also proven my ability to quickly adapt to new new platforms and methodologies.
– Professional Experience & Training –
Marketing and multimedia design professional with 10 years of success developing and executing creative content, motion graphics/video, UI/UX, and marketing solutions for global clients including 20th Century Fox, ABC/Disney, Warner Brothers, Sony Pictures, Universal Studios, Paramount Pictures, Golden State Foods, AT&T, UNAIDS, Microsoft, and Hyundai, and a graduate of UCLA (BA, Design/Media Arts, 06’) and UC Irvine (MBA, Marketing & Brand Strategy, 13’). Offers both creative and analytical expertise, and proven leadership in the intersection of design and business, working with cross-functional teams to efficiently conceive and execute original and impactful solutions across diverse media and platforms.
BrandVolta (formerly The Brandery LA), Los Angeles, CA January 2015 – Present
Marketing Manager | Art Director
Marketing consulting, analytics, art direction, design, photography, editing/animation, content planning/creation, branding, and promotional services for clients in sectors including music, pro AV, automotive, apparel/fashion, tech/IT, education, and energy
Creative/project management lead across channels, developing concepts, architecture/wire-frames, storyboards, and final execution for web UI/UX, print, video/motion graphics, social media, brand identity, e-commerce, sales presentations, info-graphics, content offers, collateral, campaigns (AdWords, email blasts, CTAs, etc) and swag, while serving as a liaison with clients and vendors
Headed complete site redesign/rebuild, & overhaul of marketing efforts, including ads, video, displays and trade-show (NAB) presence, & collateral for pro AV equipment manufacturer, Bittree (www.bittree.com); rebranding and site redesign for Managed IT company, AMC (www.amcsolutions.com); redesigned vegan apparel e-commerce site to 650% sales increase & energy equipment and services client site to 20X increase in revenues
Market research and copy writing/editing for PR, marketing plans/roadmaps, messaging, blogs, presentation/sales materials, and content offers
Develop/manage/monitor marketing personas, campaigns, SEM/SEO, analytics, using CRM & analytics systems including Hubspot, while establishing a brand voice for the company and its clients across various channels – built company website (www.thebranderyla.com) and initiated its social media presence (YouTube, Instagram, blogs, etc) and currently heading rebranding to BrandVolta and headed transition to new site (www.brandvolta.com)
- Project/asset manager and client/vendor liaison in the creation of creative content, collateral, UI/UX, and client campaigns (AdWords, email blasts, CTAs, etc)
www.omarramirez.net, Los Angeles, Ca 2006 – Present
Freelance Marketing & Creative Strategy | Multimedia Design | Motion Graphics
Provide marketing and creative consulting, multimedia design, animation, and art direction on various projects, to build and strengthen brands and achieve achieve financial and communication goals
- Developed logos, brand guidelines, collateral, and web/print promotion packages for organizations such as the California State Senate (office of Senator Holly J. Mitchell) and video design and production for organizations such as a HepB.org (Winner of Hep B United Philadelphia “B A Hero” PSA Video Contest, 2012)
- Designed web and print marketing communications and signage for the American Marketing Association, Los Angeles, to increase event attendance, organization awareness, and brand equity
Golden State Foods, Irvine, CA Fall 2014
Corporate Communications Contractor, Design & Motion Graphics Specialist (via Arrowmac, Costa Mesa)
Creative consulting, design, video, and animation for corporate communications for $6 billion food services company, Golden State Foods, and its nonprofit organization, Golden State Foods Foundation
- Creative design and motion graphics for GSF Foundation’s annual charitable fundraising campaign, Send It On; presentation/motion design for GSF sponsored 2014 Ethical Edge, Leaders of Integrity awards ceremony
Jafra Cosmetics International, Westlake Village, CA Summer 2014
Creative Marketing Contractor/Video & Motion Graphics Specialist (via Syndicate Bleu, Los Angeles)
Bilingual (English and Spanish) marketing/creative consulting, video editing, design, and motion graphics for sales training materials, online promotions, and conference presentations
- Developed bilingual (English and Spanish) event branding, animated bumpers, video and dynamic text segments, and various motion graphics pieces for the 2014 Jafra National Conference in Las Vegas
- Edited, color corrected, and retouched video (including multi-camera shoots) and photography, and keyed raw green screen footage, working across Final Cut and Adobe CC to create final pieces
Hyundai Motor America, Costa Mesa, Ca Fall 2012
MBA Marketing/Branding Consultant – MBA Practicum
Working with a team of MBAs, utilized extensive primary research and market intelligence focused on Gen Y consumers to develop an external-facing brand persona to maximize Hyundai’s overall brand appeal and growth potential
- Designed, conducted, and analyzed surveys, interviews and log-in polls to gather quantitative and qualitative insights from Hyundai enthusiasts and potential Gen-Y users
- Developed original visual collateral, videos, and iconography, and a comprehensive strategic framework for a communication plan presented to Hyundai brand management, marketing and advertising leadership
AT&T AdWorks, New York, NY Summer 2012
MBA Product Marketing Intern, AT&T U-verse
Utilized quantitative and qualitative data to formulate positioning and messaging for AdWorks products (web, mobile, and TV), with a focus on AT&T U-Verse as a platform for targeted traditional TV spots, and iTV offerings (interactive overlays, t-commerce, interactive channels, etc.)
- Created marketing collateral and templates for planning, ops and sales teams to ensure consistent communication of product and brand image, and value proposition to clients
- Collaborated with Chief of Staff and product marketing and sales management to develop original layouts, graphics, interface mockups, iconography, and copy for presentations for marketing and sales leadership, reaching key clients and partners
- Partnered with digital strategy/business development and market research groups in the formulation of a market survey to track knowledge of and interest in emerging technologies crucial to the product roadmap
Trailer Park (www.trailerpark.com), Hollywood, CA 2008 – 2010
Designer | Motion Graphics Artist
Conceived and executed creative and interface design for clients including Disney, 20th Century Fox, Universal, Warner Brothers, Audi, Lucasfilm, Summit, Paramount, Sony, Microsoft, and Active Video
- Led branding efforts, developing original logos, icons, and fonts, for various applications. Contributed to titles including Terminator Salvation, Knowing, Taken, Moon, Avatar, Pinocchio, and Transformers 2
- Liaised across departments and functions, working closely with management, producers, production artists, editors, and programmers to develop and execute various innovative forms of added value content
- Designed and animated for applications including DVD and Bluray menus, featurettes, interactive special features and games, set top apps, mobile apps, corporate presentations, and cloud based television
Company Wide Shut (www.companywideshut.com), Los Angeles, CA 2005 – 2007
Designer | Motion Graphics Artist | Graphics Supervisor
Conceived, designed and animated creative work for DVD and Bluray home entertainment and concert graphics for clients including 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, NewLine Cinema and the US Government
- Contributed design, production, and project management skills to titles such as The Lord of The Rings trilogy, The Simpsons, Robocop, King Kong, Pan’s Labyrinth, Once, and Mr. and Mrs. Smith
- Improved operational efficiency by setting up quality control procedures for static and motion deliveries, training new staff, and serving as a liaison with freelancers
UCLA Athletics Hall of Fame, JD Morgan Center, Los Angeles, CA SumMER 2005
Curatorial Design Assistant
Modernized displays, creating new display case designs with updated statistics, images, trophies, and various paraphernalia
- Utilized large format printers, electronic vinyl cutting machine, and manual die cutting in the design and execution of original signage and displays, from digital design, through print production, mounting and arrangement
ASUCLA Marketing & Sales Promotion, Los Angeles, CA 2004 – 2005
Junior Graphic Designer
Designed ads and signage for use at all stores and departments on the UCLA campus, as well as the UCLA Spirit store at Universal Citywalk, UCLA’s Daily newspaper, The Daily Bruin, and ASUCLA online
- Coordinated with internal and external departments and vendors in the development of promotional events and campaigns, newspaper ads, web ads, public signage, and point-of-purchase displays that helped increase sales and store traffic
– The Paul Merage School of Business, UC Irvine, Irvine, CA 2013
Master of Business Administration, Marketing and Strategy
- Merage Faculty Fellow Scholarship Recipient • National Society of Hispanic MBAs • Diversity in Business Association – Marketing VP • Entertainment Management Association • Merage Marketing Association
– University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 2006
Bachelor of Arts, Design | Media Arts
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
– Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Hollywood, CA 2010
Professional Studies Program – Continuing Education
- Coursework in 3D Modeling and Texture Mapping, Maya
– Google AnalyTICS Qualified – Certification ID: 02046999
- Mac and PC proficient, and highly adaptable to new software and technologies – experienced in a wide range of programs, including: After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fontographer, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Bridge, Painter, Logic Pro, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Keynote, OmniGraffle, Maya, and Cinema 4d
– A Little Bit About Me –
Hi, I’m Omar, and welcome to my site.
I am an LA based multimedia designer and marketing professional.
I am a native Angelino, born and raised around the Los Angeles area. Growing up, as far back as I can remember, I always had a passion for creative challenges, technology, and the visuals arts. Upon finishing high school, UCLA’s Design/Media Arts program (alumni 06’) provided me with the ideal environment to hone my skills as a designer in a challenging multdisciplinary academic setting. While still a student, I was presented with the opportunity to apply my developing skill set in the world of Entertainment, which as a film fan, I had to take. That is where my real development as a creative professional took off.
I went on to work for years in Entertainment focused creative agencies developing branded content and interactive experiences as a visual, UI, and motion designer serving all the major studios, including 20th Century Fox, Universal Studios, Sony, Warner Brothers, and Disney, as well as organizations like Microsoft, Audi, and the US government. In the little time that agency life afforded me, I also pursued freelance work wherever possible. Throughout my work in this period, the ever-present relationship between business and design was inescapable, and I began to see an opportunity to contribute at a higher level by rounding out my skill-set. This eventually took me to UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business, where I completed an MBA, with a focus in Marketing and Strategy.
Through my MBA, I acquired a robust set of tools for analyzing and tackling issues related to marketing and business. As an MBA candidate, I was able put those tools to practice, in tandem with my design skills, helping companies like AT&T, Coca-Cola and Hyundai gather consumer insights and craft their branding and marketing strategies and communications. In the process my desire to help organizations better understand and connect with consumers, as a designer, creative strategist, and marketer, only grew. I have since gained experience building marketing plans and presences for organizations from the ground up.
Helping build and grow brands through targeted, engaging visual identities, content, communications, and user experiences is one of my biggest passions. And I thoroughly enjoy learning and taking on new challenges in the process. My work ethic, my natural sense of curiosity, and my aversion for complacency assure I’m constantly looking to acquire new skills and strengthen existing ones – be it through a class, a book, an article, a video tutorial, a conversation, or through hands-on experience. I have been referred to as sponge, and I’d like to think that’s fairly accurate. Perhaps more important than amassing information is the ability to synthesize it – combine it a useful way. This is also something I’m constantly looking to improve at, and a reason why I love cross-functional collaboration.
I am a strong believer in collaboration, as anyone looking to innovate or produce the best possible results should be. Any creative or business “divas” undoubtedly do themselves, their coworkers, and their industries a great disservice. I will always do my part to help foster a positive and collaborative environment, and over the years, I have found that a sense of humor helps. At the same time, I also offer proven leadership and professionalism, particularly in the intersection of creative and business, where I’ve led ideation and execution, working with cross-functional teams to build brands and efficiently conceive and execute original and meaningful design solutions.
On this site, you’ll find some samples of my creative work, as well as some of my work tied to marketing and business. These are only a few of the many projects I’ve been a part of, but I hope they give a sense of my range and depth – both of which I am constantly seeking to expand. If you have any questions about projects, or anything else about me or my work, feel free to drop me a line.